Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nutella Hot Chocolate

As much as I love the summer, I love the cooler months for things like hot chocolate. Although, there is frozen hot chocolate to be had in the summer, and that stuff is pretty incredible, too. But, there is something to be said about settling in to watch TV after a long day with a mug of hot cocoa.

The urge struck me recently for the first time this season. I didn't have any powdered mixes in the kitchen, and usually when this is the case, I'll do the milk/cocoa/sugar mix on the stove. But, when i was digging through the cabinets I spotted the Nutella, and I thought... mmmm, Nutella would be perfect in hot chocolate.

So, I dug out the cocoa and the Nutella, and pulled out espresso powder as well. I often add a bit of espresso powder to my hot cocoa, so I thought I'd try it here too! The result was a satisfying, creamy drink for dessert on one of the first cool nights of the season. I'm sure I'll be enjoying this drink for months to come.



















Nutella Hot Chocolate


Ingredients

1 cup 2% milk
1 tbsp nutella
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa
1/4 tsp espresso powder

Preparation

Heat milk on stovetop, being careful not to boil. Add Nutella, unsweetened cocoa, and espresso powder. Whisk until combined and heated to desired temperature.

Top with marshmallows or whipped cream and savour.

2 comments: