Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cobb Salad




Adapted from allrecipes.com

Okay, so, for my first post I have a Cobb Salad. Do you really even need a recipe for a Cobb salad? Really? I would say no, but hey, I have to start somewhere. DH and I have been craving a Cobb salad like crazy, and we both said we kind of felt like salad, so I figured I'd make one up for us. It was as good as I'd hoped - fresh lettuce, cucumbers, blue cheese... mmmmm. I also made a delicious homemade ranch dressing for it (Click here!). DH even asked what brand of dressing I bought because he thought it was so great! He was shocked that I made it myself! Silly man. So here it goes, a fresh Cobb salad, perfect for those days when it's too hot to cook!!

4 eggs
8 strips of bacon
1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
1 rotisserie chicken (I used a premade chicken, purchased from the prepared foods section)
2 tomatoes, seeded & chopped
1 large cucumber, chopped
3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 avocado, seeded & chopped

1. Hardboil eggs and chop
2. Cook bacon to a crisp, let cool, and crumble
3. Shred rotisserie chicken
4. Place iceberg lettuce on a large plate, drizzle homeade ranch dressing (or your favorite) over the lettuce, top with rows of each ingredient. Enjoy!

Makes 4 large salads.




No comments:

Post a Comment