Thursday, June 5, 2008

Cool Ranch Dressing

Adapted from allrecipes.com

This ranch dressing was so creamy and fresh tasting. It was fantastic. I will never buy a bottle again. The original recipe called for 1/2 cup buttermilk, I added more to thin it out a bit, and could have added even more, I think. I also double the seasoning of the original recipe since DH and I love a lot of flavor! The consistency at first was more that of a veggie dip, which I used the leftover for!! Yum!

1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup low fat buttermilk
1 tablespoon green onion
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon dried dill weed
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, green onion, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment