Sunday, December 5, 2010

FFWD: Potato and Leek Soup

Such great flavor, and a beautiful soup.

I made this one late in the evening. And by late, I mean 8 o'clock. I do have a one-year old people, and 9pm is about my bedtime these days.

Anyhow, I ate a big bowl - hot, chunky style, made with the milk & chicken broth, and topped with shredded gruyere as soon as the forty minute simmer time was up.

Mentally, I told myself, I'd put the leftovers in the fridge after the soup cooled just a bit.

Then, I feel asleep on the couch.

Then, I woke up, peeled the contacts out of my eyes, and crawled into bed.

Then, it was 6 am. Maaa ma... maaa ma....

I got my little love bug out of his crib, went to the kitchen to get his milk, and there was my soup. Still on the stove.

Oh, the disappoinment. I had big plans for that soup today. And high expectations of beautifully married next-day flavors. I was so mad, I dumped it. Right then.

Oh course, my plan was to take a photo that morning, in better light. Now, the only photo I could have taken was the soup in the garbage pail. Or the dirty pot. I will not subject you to either.

I can promise you, the soup was fab, though!!

Here - I'll direct you to a couple of other FFWD'ers who made the soup this week, too, with beautiful photos to boot!! If you guys mind the link, lemme know. I'll take it right down!

A pureed version from Sticky, Gooey, Creamy, Chewy:
http://stickygooeycreamychewy.com/2010/12/03/ffwd-leek-and-potato-soup-recipe/

Another pureed version from Everything But the Cake:
http://everythingbutthecake.blogspot.com/2010/12/ffwd-leek-and-potato-soup.html

Yet another pureed (should I have pureed??) from A Plateful of Happiness
http://aplatefulofhappiness.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/french-fridays-with-dorie-potato-leek-soup/

In a breadbowl!! Yum. From The Not So Exciting Advetures of a Dabbler.
http://crazyworldofcher.blogspot.com/2010/12/miffed-at-world-leek-potato-soup.html

1 comment:

  1. Oh damn! I hate when that happens. Although at my house it's usually a dessert that I've left out for my husband to eat and then put in the fridge. He remembers the eating part, just not the putting it in the fridge part! I'm glad you at least got a bowl of it yourself.

    ReplyDelete